Monday, August 22, 2011

Dusting off the old blog...

Hello Friends-- it's been too long. I've been thinking lately that it is time to put more time into writing...

As of today- all three kids are in school. It is a weird and beautiful feeling to have come this far as a parent (the kids are now in Kinder, 2nd and 4th grades). I hold these moments as precious. I know the chaos of today will soon be memories of the past.

As I weave together theological education and parenting, I find parenting is surely the greatest test of my theology. My lived theology is challenged daily in trying to walk with these three little souls as they grow, learn and test. I'm fairly certain I've already ruined them. While Kyle and I preemptively contribute to their therapy fund, I can only hope that we've perhaps done a few things right. Hopefully they have gleaned a few gems from us as parents so far.
------

Lately I've been sitting with 1 Corinthians 13... you know it- you've heard it at every wedding you've ever been to. This is the love text. Take a moment to read it, if you will.

The more I read this text, the more it stirs in me, the more it ricochets around like a pinball inside my being, the more it resonates with every piece of life. This is a text full of gems.

-----

Over these next months, as I embark on my final year of my Master of Divinity degree, as I stumble through life as a Mom, wife, athlete, cook, and fragmented human being -- This is the text I will be chewing on. I'll be dedicating my blog to sharing gems that shimmer. Gems that emit love- that reflect the wide diversity of God's love and life giving sustenance.

May this love, the love of 1 Corinthians, shine on my sweet children as they have embarked on the adventure of a new school year, and may the light of this love catch your eye today. And may it reach every corner of the tumultuous and ever changing world we all live in.


Today. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment